Sunday 24 July 2011

Leadership in Turbulent Times

The 5 Main Values

1. Excellence
I adore this word. My goal is to work at a level of excellence, constantly refining my craft as an author and speaker - while delivering outrageous values to our client.

2. Passion
Without passion, nothing great every gets built. Passion fuels innovation, builds a fantastic team and makes the impossible possible. I want to express my passion in all that I do. Otherwise, what's the point?

3. Self-Mastery
You can't be a better leader than you are a person. So every day, I work intensely on developing my inner life. I read. I reflect. I write a journal. I exercise. And do all those things I need to do to express my best.

4. Beauty
I'm an aesthete. I love beauty in all forms. So I make the time to look for beauty, in both expected and unexpected places. Interesting conversations are beautiful to me; brilliant designed products (think Apple) are beautiful to me. Great food, fresh nature, cool architecture, a strong cup of coffee in the morning and modern art are all some of the things that fill my life with a sense of beauty.

5. Contribution
Leadership is about doing deeds that live on long after your death. I want to do things that will help people awaken to the fact that, regardless of what they do and where they are, they have the opportunity (and responsibility) to show leadership in their work and their life. Few things are important to me than feeling I'm making a difference for people. And doing my part to build a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment